The cheap Longchamp bags is known as the French national bag. This nylon foldable bag that is popular in the streets and alleys originally started as a star. Later, it quickly moved in the country due to its lightness and ease of use. The best-selling bags will inevitably be targeted by the counterfeit market. Today I will share with you how to distinguish the authenticity of Longchamp bags. Many true and false details comparison charts allow you to be an expert yourself.
How to identify the authenticity of Longchamp bags?
1. From the fabric material
Authentic Longchamp folding bags are usually made of ultra-light waterproof nylon fabric (except for the flap and handle parts). The fabric is very durable, high density, relatively thick, and very tough (there is also a full leather Longchamp folding bag series); while the material of the fakes is tactile It is relatively thin, feels soft overall, and has a rustling sound when touched.
2. Flip cover from leather
Genuine leather is commonly known as “diamond pattern”. And the color will have different shades. But the genuine leather has a deeper texture. While the fake leather has a smoother texture and looks no texture, just like fish scales.
This should be related to the leather pressing machine. The higher the cost of the machine, the greater the pressure, the clearer and more beautiful the lines will be. However, those small workshops that do fakes must not have the ability to purchase expensive machine. So they cannot be achieved in terms of equipment technology. .
3. From the Malaysian imprint on the flip top
1) The authentic horse embossing has a very strong three-dimensional impression. Although it is only a small LOGO, you can clearly see the shape of the horse’s front hoof, the thick muscle lines of the front and rear legs, and the fat belly. Even the lines of the pony tail are very smooth, the horse bit and the horse rope are also clearly visible, and the knight’s face and hard shell horse hat are very vivid and lifelike.
In addition, the indentation of the authentic product is flat, and the surrounding indentation is smooth and without burrs and the depth of the indentation is the same; while the imprinted pattern of the imitation product has a poor three-dimensional impression and is very unclear, horse head and horse front The depth of the indentation on the leg and the horse’s belly is inconsistent, and the indentation on the front hoof of the horse is almost invisible.
2) The authentic Longchamp jockey logo is perfectly centered. The heads of the jockey and horse point to the left. Older models have a heat press line under the logo, but newer models do not have this line. The fake Longchamp bag jockey logo is not perfectly centered, and the logo may be upside down (the horse and jockey’s head points to the right instead of the left)
4. Embossing from the reverse side of the leather flip
1) The genuine horse stamp is stamped with an expensive imported stamping machine. In turn, the leather will have a sunken horse racing mark. Some of the fakes are bare, without this imprint.
2) In addition, the back of the cover of some fakes is unhealthy and light. Even if there is a logo stamp, it looks like a scar, which is very unsightly and unclear. The color of the back of the genuine bag cover is indeed different for each bag, and it will change with use, but the logo embossing on the back is shallow, although it is not obvious, but the outline is very clear.
5. From the internal standard
The internal standard printed font of the genuine product is relatively square and round, and the line spacing of the text is exactly the same. Note that if rubbed, the characters will be erased, and some internal standard characters will have black lines under them, but they are not signs of fakes. The font of the fake is thinner, the most obvious is that the number 0 is not as round as the real one.
6. From the hardware color
The color of the genuine hardware is a low-key and atmospheric light gold; while the fake one is of inferior texture with shining golden color, which looks like a stall.
7. From hardware technology
1) The authentic workmanship is exquisite, even the lines of the LOGO on the reverse side of the hidden buckle are very clear. The texture of the imitation goods is quite vague. Looking at the round logo of the metal horse, the fake logo is a bit fatter, like a fattened horse, and can’t run.
2) The genuine product is a YKK zipper with lettering on it, while the fake product does not.
3) When the genuine zipper is closed, the rider’s head on the slider is all to the left, without exception. The ones to the right are fakes.
8. Slave model
Common models of Longchamp nylon bags: short handle S size, short handle M size, long handle S size, long handle L size, backpack. The short handle is also called a handbag, and the long handle “SHOPPING” is also called a shopping bag. Note that there is no M size for the long handle. On the back of the bag you can see the brand and model number on the cover.
“CABAS”: Rectangular handbag model (without zipper)
“SAC À DOS”: Backpack model
“SHOPPING”: Long handle, large and small tote bag. The shopper tote is only available in 2 sizes-no medium like the short handle version.
TYPE “S”: short handle, small tote bag.
M: medium tote bag.
L: large travel luggage.
XL: extra large suitcase
9. From the place of origin
1) The Longchamp Pliage bag used to be LONGCHAMP PARIS MODÈLEDÉPOSÉ–MADE IN FRANCE, but now Longchamp has outsourced its manufacturing operations to Tunisia and China. Check the hyphen (–). Check that the first accent mark on E points to the lower right: the second and third accent marks on E point to the right.
2) The authentic English indentation concave surface is very flat, and the edge of the text does not feel fuzzy. The indentation of the imitation goods is not smooth and the lettering is blurred.
10. From the car line
1)The genuine stitches are thicker than the imitation stitches and look stronger. The sewn stitches were originally short stitches designed to highlight the sophistication of the brand. To save costs, imitations will lengthen the needle by at least 0.5-1mm. For example the part that should be run with a 45cm length of wire. They only used 30cm to get it done. Don’t underestimate this seemingly inconspicuous detail. In fact, there are many brands that pursue quality and have regulations on the number of stitches per inch for each part of the stitching. This can never be achieved. of through imitation.
2) The wiring of the genuine product is relatively dense, the most important thing is even, the spacing is uniform, the wiring and the edging are parallel, it is normal for the needle to penetrate the waterproof layer to bring out the point, in this case, the light color will be more obvious, that is The color of the water-repellent coating from the pinhole shows through. The internal wiring of the fake is uneven. The distance of each stitch is relatively long, the stitch size is large, and the line is not parallel to the wrapping edge.
3) The real handles are not surprisingly even stitches.
11. From the lining
The use of Longchamp bag lining will vary with the seasons, dark in autumn and winter, light in spring and summer. For example, the same is big red, the autumn and winter models have a dark brown lining, and the spring and summer models are pure white.
12. From the smell
The brand new genuine product can smell the sourness of the nylon and waterproof layer processing machine. The fakes can smell the leather of inferior leather shoes.